Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where's Alex Been?

It feels like I am entering a room in my parent's home that I haven't entered for years. You expect it to be the same, but it isn't somehow.

It says I haven't posted since December 2008. A lot has happened since then. I've never been much for sharing personal stuff, but let me catch you up.

First, my father became ill and passed away. It was all very sudden. It's been close to a year and a half now and I'm still very sad.

My daughter graduated from college. She wrote the best graduation speech I've ever heard. It's wonderful. I ought to post a link so you may all read it.

I bought an iPhone. I love it. Got one for my daughter last week.

My mother-in-law passed away in December 2009. She was very ill, but it was very sad. My wife will be sad for a long time.

I have been given a fake promotion at work! It's one of those promotions where you are doing the job, but they aren't paying you and they can't give you the title without paying you. I have been told I will get the title and the money anytime, but I'm still waiting.

Those are the high points. I don't follow as many podcasts as I used to. I still listen to "Wait, Wait" and "leShow", but not much else. I'll add a link to LATW which I enjoy.

Since getting my iPhone, I've been following Twitter! I really enjoy it. I thought my daughter was silly when she told me she was following over 200 people. I didn't realize how quickly the number of people followed could grow. I was close to 100 myself, but then trimmed it down. I am following around eighty people right now.

Getting back to blogging will take some time. I hope you will bear with me while I get my blogging legs back.

Most of all, enjoy the day!

Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home